|As a consultant to imaginary businesses, I often emphasize focus on core interests. The son has taken this to heart and cut loose the toys that no longer work for him.|
My mood soared with the toy clutter pushed back about three feet -- it felt like our living room grew by 15 percent.
The bookshelf did not go unnoticed.
|Only in the first few days of owning the bookshelf was it ever so orderly.|
Adding to the good feeling, a neighbor with young kids really enjoyed receiving the discarded toys.
Life has challenges everyday, but living without the following has a certain attractiveness:
- Stepping on a stacking cup;
- Being told to pick up said cups;
- Asking, and being denied, privilege of destroying said cups with a ball-peen hammer;
- Seeing kid happily playing with those god-awful stacking cups;
- Being told with a look that if I mention the cups again things will be bad;
- Finding a stacking cup each time the couch is moved.;
- Receiving yet more information why stacking cups are so important for child development.