|Important people asking serious questions about infrastructure.|
These are the projects that I think about when I think about infrastructure (in no particular order):
- A replacement bridge for the 100-year-old structure spanning the Columbia River at Hood River. The narrow bridge currently has no pedestrian crossing.
- A protected bike path running from Portland to the Oregon coast. I’ve done it riding on the side of the highway but despite the beautiful scenery the ride feels dangerous as an endless stream of traffic passes cyclists with close margins.
- Scheduled public transit running over Mt. Hood. The traffic in winter is ridiculous.
- An office dedicated to creating a public culture that is respectful of cyclists and pedestrians.
- More pedestrian plazas where population densities support them.
This list will be updated as more ideas come to me.