I am very proud of the kid for doing a real science project about slime mold.
The experiment didn’t go as planned because a heatwave allowed an invading bacteria or insects to eat the mold when the temperature in the garage reached 80 degrees for one day. Previously the daily high was in the mid-60s, a nice temp for the amoeba-like organisms.
The kid had joined an international slime mold forum, read up on the particular qualities of the mold, and had an excellent experiment. He did a good job getting organized and showed a true inquiring spirit.
|The happy scientists had a pizza party later.|
Post a Comment